The Chancellor visited the Basilica in Ottobeuren with the Bavarian Minister President Markus Söder.
With a total of 30 men, the VIP personal security team provided comprehensive protection for German Chancellor Angela Merkel and Bavarian Prime Minister Markus Söder.
Our main tasks included:
- The control of press equipment for their functions, in order to be able to remove possible dangerous objects from circulation immediately
- Protection of the entrance by the VIP personal protection
- Admission controls of the visitors
- Explosives search with specially trained dog squads
- Securing the interview in Kaiser Hall
The safeguarding of the event went off without incident.
Read more about our exclusive service for state persons under Embassy Service.
Explosives search with trained dog squadron
Securing the entrance area